Uprisings (or emrgences are a specific cassus belli, similar to a rebellion or a civil war. It is a unique game mechanic that causes a new, or previsouly independnant faction to emrge in the wastland.
There's two types of uprisings: Military coupes and Civil Revolts.
In order for a Military Coupe to happen, these conditions must be present:
- There must be 7 rebelling officers or generals of the faction or city.
- The officers must have a cassus belli against their overlords.
- The officers must own lands of their own.
- The officers can be from various sub factions.
Once the Military coupes, they become independnant from their old rulers and are automatically put at war with them which the defending government or faction may submit. Once this occurs any family ties between the two sides are cut.
In order for a civil revolt to happen, these conditions must be present:
- The citizens of a city must be in favour of this rebellion and have seven representitives to represent the uprising.
- If an all out revolt is to happen 6 settlements, and 1 city must agree with the rebellion.
- The cities can be under diferent factions.
- The civilians must have a cassus belli against their current rulers.
Once civilians all out revolt, they become independnant from their old rulers and are automaticaly put at war with them. The new faction consists of the cities and settlements that were in the rebellion. All family ties are cut from either side after this is finished.